CHEVROLET MOTORSPORTS CARRIES MOMENTUM INTO FINAL MONTHS OF 2022
It's been an exciting month for Chevrolet drivers, especially Chevrolet Camaro drivers, as they lead the NASCAR, INDYCAR and NHRA standings as the 2022 Motorsports calendar begins to wrap up. Read the Chevrolet Press Release below!
DETROIT – As summer winds down, Chevrolet Racing continues to gear up.
Chevrolet is the only manufacturer to compete in the combination of NASCAR, INDYCAR, NHRA, IMSA and Best in the Desert (BITD). Heading into the Labor Day Weekend, a number of Chevrolet drivers are currently leading the standings in their respective series:
- Chase Elliott, driver of the No. 9 Hendrick Motorsports Camaro ZL1, won the NASCAR Cup Series regular-season championship and is one of eight Team Chevy drivers to qualify for the 2022 Cup Series playoffs. Elliott, who won the series championship in 2020, leads the series with four wins. Fourth-seed Kyle Larson (No. 5 Hendrick Motorsports Camaro ZL1) is the defending champion.
- AJ Allmendinger (No. 16 Kaulig Racing Camaro SS) leads the NASCAR Xfinity Series standings.
- Three-time champHight (Camaro SS) leads the NHRA Fuion Robert nny Car standings, past champion Brittany Force (Chevrolet) leads the Top Fuel standings, and four-time champion Erica Enders (Camaro SS) leads the Pro Stock standings.
- Non-Camaro Chevrolet driver Will Power took home the 2022 IndyCar Championship for Chevrolet
- Non-Camaro Chevrolet drivers Antonio Garcia and Jordan Taylor (No. 3 Corvette C8.R) lead the Michelin Endurance Cup standings in IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship.
“It’s exciting to see all of these Chevrolet drivers leading their respective series in points as we prepare to finish the season,” said Jim Campbell, Chevrolet vice president of Performance and Motorsports.
Additionally, Chevrolet currently leads the manufacturer’s standings in NASCAR Cup, NASCAR Xfinity, INDYCAR, NHRA and IMSA Michelin Endurance Cup.
“We appreciate the hard work of our drivers and teams who have scored valuable manufacturer points through this point of the season,” Campbell said. “We remain focused on working with our drivers and teams as they prepare for the important final portion of the season.”
Chevrolet has won 40 NASCAR Cup Series Manufacturer’s Championships, and 22 Xfinity Series manufacturer’s titles, each more than any other OEM. Since returning to INDYCAR In 2012, Chevy has won six Manufacturer’s Championships. Chevrolet also has won the NHRA Manufacturer’s Cup 26 times to lead all manufacturers.
So far this year, Chevrolet has won 84 races. In 2021, Chevrolet won 95 races, five driver championships, four manufacturer championships and two team championships.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, available in 79 countries with more than 3.2 million cars and trucks sold in 2020. Chevrolet models include electric and fuel-efficient vehicles that feature engaging performance, design that makes the heart beat, passive and active safety features and easy-to-use technology, all at a value. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.
Want to support Chevrolet Racing's bid towards multiple 2022 Championships?
Click here to to shop all the latest Chevrolet Racing gear and apparel now!
(Credits to Chevrolet/GM for Press Release and Photos)